INCLEMENT WEATHER SAFETY TIPS
FOR TRANSNET RIDERS
• Don’t Rush! Plan ahead and allow extra time to arrive at pick-up points.
• Dress appropriately and wear slip-resistant footwear when possible.
• Be on the lookout for icy, snow-covered, or uneven pavement.
• In areas covered with snow & ice or blocked by a snow bank, wait on the sidewalk, at a cleared driveway, or nearby corner.
DO NOT wait in the street.
• Be aware of the gap between the curb and vehicle.
• Use handrails when entering and exiting the vehicle. TransNet vehicles feature non-slip floors but extra caution is
• Stand far away from the curb until the vehicle has come to a full stop.
• Stand clear of the doors so they have safe, sufficient room to open.
• Allow those exiting the vehicle to go first - then board safely.
• Keep vehicle aisles clear of personal items.
• Refrain from putting wet items on seats.
• If traveling with an escort, allow them to assist you when navigating potentially dangerous walkways and stairs.
• When exiting, be sure to take all belongings with you and move a safe distance from the vehicle.
• When entering your destination, keep in mind that your footwear may be wet and floor surfaces may be slippery.
• Keep your mobile device charged and accessible in the event of an emergency.