top of page


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Am I required to use public transportation if I live within ¼ mile of a public transit stop?

A: Yes. As long as you do not have a disability that would prevent you from using public transit, you are required to use public transit if you live within ¼ mile of a public transit stop. You will be reimbursed for the fare or a pass whichever is least costly.


Q: Can I be reimbursed for tolls or parking?

A: Yes, you will need to submit a receipt for the tolls/parking along with your reimbursement form.


Q: Can I fax my reimbursement form to TransNet?

A: Unfortunately, TransNet can only accept an original double-sided mailed copy.


Q: How do I obtain a MATP reimbursement form?

A: You must contact the TransNet office at 215-542-7433 to request a MATP reimbursement form. After your mode of travel is approved, you will be sent a new form with each reimbursement check.


Q: How much can I be reimbursed for public transit or mileage under the MATP?

A: After you submit a MATP reimbursement form with receipts (if available), you will be reimbursed for use of a private car at .12/mile plus parking fees and tolls. If you use public transit, you will be reimbursed the public transit fare or a weekly/monthly pass, whichever is less costly.


Q: I am currently registered with TransNet for reimbursement of my Medical Assistance transportation expenses. When will my reimbursement check be mailed?

A: Providing your reimbursement request form is received by the 10th of the month, your check will be mailed between the 12th and 14th of the month. Reimbursement checks for forms received between the 11th and 20th of the month will be mailed between the 22nd and 24th.


Q: I am over 65, registered for the MATP and have also registered for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program. Will I have to pay for a portion of my transportation through the Shared Ride Program?

A: No, there is no cost to you for eligible transportation to medical appointments.


Q: I am over 65, registered for the MATP, and have also registered for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program. When I registered for the Shared Ride Program, I received an identification card in the mail. Am I able to use the Shared Ride Program for non-medical transportation?

A: Yes. You may use the Shared Ride Program for any trip purpose, within the parameters of the Shared Ride Program. To learn more, or download a registration form, click here.


Q: I received a "no show" warning letter. How many "no shows" are you allowed before you are suspended?

A: TransNet's trip cancellation policy specifies that if you fail to cancel your trip 2 times within 90- days you will be suspended from service for 30 days.


Q: If I am over the age of 65 and registered for the Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP), do I need to register for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program as well?

A: Yes. Effective July 1, 2014, any consumer who is eligible and registered for the MATP, must register for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program. Any medical transportation that meets all requirements of the Shared Ride Program will be funded by that program and MATP.


Q: My doctor signed a form stating that I can travel on public transportation if I travel with an escort. Does the MATP allow reimbursement for the cost of the fare for my escort?

A: Yes. You may be reimbursed for the public transit fare for an escort who accompanies you to your medical appointments.


Q: What do I need to submit along with my reimbursement form?

A: If you are requesting mileage reimbursement, you need to send a copy of your car registration with your first reimbursement request. If you are requesting public transit reimbursement, you need to send in the token receipt, or expired pass and receipt.


Q: What should I do if I have an urgent (non-emergency) need for transportation in the evening or on weekends/holidays when the TransNet office is closed?

A: You may call our office and leave a message as instructed. The on-call person will contact you as soon as possible to arrange for your transportation. If you use a private car or taxi service for this trip you may be reimbursed for this cost as soon as your MA eligibility is verified and you submit the required reimbursement form.


Q: What type of transportation service is available to me through the MATP?

A: The MATP will provide reimbursement for transportation expenses using the least costly option available to you. If you have a private car available to you or if you can use public transit, you may be reimbursed for the least costly option. If you cannot use either of these options, you are eligible for paratransit service from your residence to an eligible medical assistance service.

bottom of page